The coating that offers extremely good corrosion protection.
The new and exclusive WIROX coating from SPAX offers better corrosion protection in the neutral salt-spray fog test than
is required by standard for conventional bright zinc coating and it has a considerably
higher surface hardness. This makes it ideal for outdoor use in structures
Listed below are the advantages and characteristics of the globally unique WIROX coating from SPAX at a glance:
- WIROX provides far better corrosion protection compared with bright zinc plating (layer thickness: 4-6 µm under artificial atmospheric corrosion conditions)
- WIROX is especially advantageous for service class 2 applications built to Eurocode 5 for outdoor structures without direct exposure to the weather, such as carports or pergolas
- WIROX is chromium(VI)-free and therefore much more environmentally friendly both to manufacture and use than conventional coatings
- WIROX is resistant to abrasion and mechanical stress
- WIROX complies with DIN EN 1670 Grade 5 for exceptionally high corrosion resistance
|RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC,
"Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances"
|complies with RoHS|
|REACH Regulation (EC)
No 1907/2006, "Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals"
|complies with REACH|
|EN 1670 – Building hardware. Corrosion resistance||Grade 5 "exceptionally high corrosion resistance"|
|EU Council Directive 88/378/EEC on the safety of toys; EN 71-3, "Safety of toys"||complies with guidelines|